Northwest / Health and Wellness: Free HIV Testing at BGSU
February 20 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm UTC+0
An event every month that begins at 10:30am on day First of the month, repeating until May 1, 2019
An event every month that begins at 10:30am on day Third of the month, repeating until May 15, 2019
This testing service, offered at the Student Recreation Center on the BGSU campus, is completely free and confidential.
Call the Wellness Connection at 419-372-9355 to schedule an appointment for a Rapid HIV Test. Walk-ins are always welcome.
The program is LGBTQ+ friendly and affirming. A real name is not needed when making the appointment.
What To Expect:
Upon arriving at the Student Recreation Center:
- Check in at the Welcome Desk and tell the person at the Welcome Desk that you have an appointment with the Wellness Connection. Someone can assist you from there.
Once in the testing room. expect to:
- Show a valid photo ID
- Fill out paperwork
- Sign a few forms. Remember that the testing is CONFIDENTIAL, not anonymous, so a real name is associated with your paperwork and test results
- Receive the test
- Talk about what brought you in for a test today (i.e., what could be putting you at risk for HIV)
- Talk about a “plan of action” to help reduce the risk for HIV in the future
- At the end of the session, receive a result
- Receive referrals to other agencies/providers, if necessary
- Ask any questions or concerns about HIV
- Fill out the evaluation form