- This event has passed.
Northeast / Volunteering: HRC MLK Day of Service
January 21 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm UTC+0
The Human Rights Campaign invites you to partner with us on a service project benefiting our local community in Greater Cleveland.
By January 21, please help us collect the following items for LGBTQ Homeless Youth in the Greater Cleveland area:
• New or gently used outer wear (coats, gloves, hats, socks).
• New undergarments (male and female in various sizes) and hygiene items (toothpaste and brushes, shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene, etc).
Please consider organizing a donation drive at your work, school or place of worship. All donations can be dropped off by Friday, Jan. 18 at 8 p.m. to the front desk at the LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland, 6600 Detroit Road, Cleveland, 44102.
Their hours are 10 a.m.-8 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays, and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturdays.
If you are interested in volunteering during the MLK Day of Service event, please contact us at email@example.com. Use your day off to help others!
We are looking for sponsors for the following to make sure we have a successful day and give back to our community as best as we can:
• Food and beverage sponsor.
• DJ sponsor/volunteer.
• Plates, napkins, cups, utensils (take away containers/bags) sponsor.
• Photocopies of event announcement sponsor.
• Bus passes sponsors.
Also, help by spreading the word to area youth and organizations you think would benefit from an MLK Day of Service.